The Kipaji Scholarship Fund is founded especially for talented students from countries with upcoming economies, like in parts of South America, Africa and Asia. This relates specifically to the DAC countries. Students from these countries could have the potential, but not the means to study at the University of Twente.
Kipaji Scholarship support students who also receive a University of Twente Scholarship.
- up to € 12,000.
- Have a look at the overview of the estimated costs of living in the Netherlands (excluding tuition fees).
Please note: This scholarship is meant as a compensation for study related costs. It is up to the scholarship student to decide how to spend the money. No costs (e.g. tuition fees) will be paid on your behalf.
IS SCHOLARSHIP ANNUAL?
The Kipaji Scholarship is awarded each year to international students to study in the Netherlands. You are strongly advised to visit this website regularly to see more scholarship opportunities.
Important Information: Applicants should note that some universities funding scholarship require that they must apply for admission to the University or be existing students of the university before they can be considered for a Scholarship. Most Universities funding scholarships are unable to consider any scholarship applications from students who have not been offered a place at the university while some other universities automatically award scholarships to international students whom have an admission offer of a place in the university. However, international organizations funding scholarships don’t require applicants to hold an offer of admission.
WHAT STUDY AREAS ARE COVERED?
- Applied Mathematics
- Applied Physics
- Biomedical Engineering
- Business Administration
- Business Information Technology
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering and Management
- Communication Studies
- Computer Science
- Construction Management and Engineering
- Educational Science and Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Embedded Systems
- European Studies
- Health Sciences
- Human Media Interaction
- Industrial Design Engineering
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Environmental and Energy Management
- Mechanical Engineering
- Methodology and Statistics for the Behavioural, Biomedical and Social Sciences
- Philosophy of Science, Technology and Society
- Public Administration
- Science Education and Communication
- Sustainable Energy Technology
- Systems and Control
The Kipaji Scholarship is open to students from developing countries.
WHERE CAN SCHOLARSHIP BE TAKEN?
Scholarship can be taken at University of Twente, Netherlands.
WHO CAN APPLY?
In order to be eligible for Kipaji Scholarship you need to be a recipient of an University of Twente Scholarship (UTS).
In order to qualify for Kipaji Scholarship, applicants should meet all requirements of University of Twente Scholarship. Additionally, applicants must:
- have the nationality of one of the DAC countries (Least Developed Countries & Other Low Income Countries).
- receive a (partial) University of Twente Scholarship. The Kipaji Scholarship can ensure that they receive a full scholarship.
- have achieved good grades for their pre-master programme (average of 8).
- submit a motivation letter stating how they intend to use their studies at the University of Twente to increase/enhance the scientific level or for entrepreneurial purposes in their home country.
HOW TO APPLY
- Apply Now
- The faculty nominates you for a Kipaji Scholarship. Upon request from the faculty you may need to submit a motivation letter stating how you intend to use your studies at the University of Twente to increase/enhance the scientific level or for entrepreneurial purposes in their home country. Please indicate in your motivation letter that you apply for Kipaji Scholarship.
The Kipaji scholarship application is currently open.