The Ghanaian scholarships Secretariat in cooperation with the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is offering a jointly funded scholarship to obtain a PhD degree at a German university or research institute for all subject areas.
The Ghanaian scholarships for PhD students include:
- Full Scholarship for the duration of the PhD studies (max. 45 months).
- Preparatory German Language course of 6 months.
- Travel costs.
- Annual study and research allowance.
- Full Health, personal liability and accident insurance cover.
- Further individual allowances on application.
WHAT STUDY AREAS ARE COVERED?
All study areas.
IS SCHOLARSHIP ANNUAL?
Ghanaian scholarships are awarded every year to PhD students to study in Germany. You are strongly advised to visit this website regularly to see more scholarship opportunities.
Important Information: “Some scholarships require you to first apply to the host university for admission before you can be considered for scholarships. Fortunately, it doesn’t cost any fee to apply for admission as an international student.
If the scholarship eligibility criteria require you to hold an offer of admission from the university and you will be automatically awarded the scholarship”. While few others require you to first be a newly admitted student (fresh student) of the university before being awarded a scholarship, hence the need for you to step up efforts in your quest to study abroad.
Also, ensure you first read the eligibility criteria and application procedure of every scholarship opportunity published on this website carefully before commencing your application because some scholarships don’t necessarily require you to first apply to the host university for admission or be a fresh student as stated earlier.
You are strongly advised to check back on this website regularly for more scholarship opportunities.
Scholarship is open to Ghanaian citizens only.
WHERE CAN SCHOLARSHIP BE TAKEN?
Scholarships can be taken at a German university or Research Institute.
WHO CAN APPLY?
To be considered for this Ghanaian scholarships, applicants must meet the under-listed criteria:
- Ghanaian Citizen
- Teaching staff at a Ghanaian Tertiary Institution
- Master’s Degree at least B+ grade or equivalent
- Most recent academic degree not older than 6 years by the time of application
- Comprehensive research proposal, contact with potential German Supervisor
- National Service Certificate.
HOW TO APPLY
- Application Form
- CV (Europass template:https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/documents.curriculum-vitae)
Abstract of the research proposal (max. 10 pages) including a detailed work and time table
- Two academic reference letters from university professors
- Invitation letter from the German Supervisor OR admission letter for a PhD degree programme
- Certificates of all academic degrees with a Master’s of at least B+ or equivalent.
Application is currently open for the 2018/2019 academic year. Deadline shall be announced later. Kindly check back on this website regularly for details on application closing date.