For September 2019 academic session the University of Glasgow is offering several scholarships worth the full tuition fee of a one year Masters programme to academically excellent students from Africa.
If you study here you will benefit from our extensive knowledge, state-of-the-art facilities and pioneering teaching methods. Studying at Glasgow will prepare you for a wide variety of careers that are in demand internationally and also for future research and study.
Scholarship is worth the full tuition fee.
NUMBER OF SCHOLARSHIPS
IS SCHOLARSHIP ANNUAL?
Full Tuition Fee Waiver Scholarship is awarded each year to international master students to study in Scotland. You are strongly advised to visit this website regularly to see more scholarship opportunities.
Important Information: Applicants should note that some universities funding scholarship require that they must apply for admission to the University or be existing students of the university before they can be considered for a Scholarship. Most Universities funding scholarships are unable to consider any scholarship applications from students who have not been offered a place at the university while some other universities automatically award scholarships to international students whom have an admission offer of a place in the university. However, international organizations funding scholarships don’t require applicants to hold an offer of admission.
- Algeria, Angola,
- Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi,
- Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo Democratic Republic of Cote d’Ivoire,
- Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia,
- Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau,
- Lesotho, Liberia, Libya,
- Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique,
- Namibia, Niger, Nigeria,
- Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland,
- Tanzania, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia,
- Zambia, Zimbabwe.
WHERE CAN SCHOLARSHIP BE TAKEN?
The Full Tuition Fee Waiver Scholarship can be taken be taken at University of Glasgow, Scotland.
WHO CAN APPLY?
This Full Tuition Fee Waiver Scholarship is open to applicants from Africa applying to all on-campus Masters programmes . Applicants will be evaluated on the basis of their application for admission and must:
- be resident in Africa at time of applying
- have completed a first degree in Africa
- demonstrate academic excellence and achieve grades equivalent to a degree equivalent to a UK 1st Class Hons or better.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants will be automatically assessed for a scholarship based on academic merit. Applicants who are being considered for the scholarship will usually hear within 6-8 weeks of applying for the programme.
Offer holders who are being considered for the scholarship will be contacted and asked to submit a 400 word personal statement detailing:
- why you have selected the programme at the University of Glasgow
- why you merit the funded-place (e.g. academic/personal achievement)
- how you will benefit from it (e.g. employment prospects, financial relief, etc.)
Note: Your personal statement should be around 400 words and include your full name and applicant number.
Application for the Full Tuition Fee Waiver Scholarship is currently open.