The Nanyang President Graduate Scholarship (NPGS) is a competitive and prestigious scholarship scheme designed to encourage outstanding graduates or final-year students to take their first step towards a leading research career by studying for a PhD at NTU.
|||Singapore Citizen1||Singapore Permanent Resident||International Student2|
|Conference Allowance||Up to S$4,000 per financial year (April previous year to March current year) |
|IT Allowance||One time allowance of $1,500 |
|Journal subscription or book purchase||Annual grant of $500 |
|Thesis Allowance||One time allowance of $600
It will be disbursed during the final year scholarship renewal.
- With effect from 1 August 2015, Central Provident Fund (CPF) contributions shall be provided at a rate pegged to the prevailing employer’s contribution rate set by CPF, on top of the monthly stipend received.
- International Students must perform teaching/ laboratory supervision duties to fulfil the requirements of the Graduate Assistantship Programme (GAP). Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents may perform GAP at the discretion of the schools.
- This Nanyang President Graduate Scholarship award also covers the annual tuition fee.
- Priority will be given for subsidized campus accommodation.
DURATION OF SCHOLARSHIP
The award is tenable for one year in the first instance and is renewable subject to good progress. The maximum period of the Scholarship is 4 years for PhD candidates, as determined by school as well as availability of research funding in each case.
IS SCHOLARSHIP ANNUAL?
Nanyang President Graduate Scholarship is awarded yearly to domestic and international graduate students or final year students to study in Singapore. You are strongly advised to visit this website regularly to see more scholarship opportunities.
Important Information: Applicants should note that universities funding scholarships require that they must apply for admission to the University or be existing students of the university before they can be considered for a Scholarship. Most Universities funding scholarships are unable to consider any scholarship applications from students who have not been offered a place at the university while some other universities automatically award scholarships to international students whom have an admission offer of a place in the university.
There is no restriction as to the nationality of applicants but all things being equal, preference will be given to Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents.
WHERE CAN SCHOLARSHIP BE TAKEN?
Scholarships can be taken at Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- You must have a Honours (Highest Distinction) or equivalent at Bachelor’s level.
- If you have not yet completed your undergraduate degree programme, you will need to furnish documentation from your university that you are on track to get a Honours (Highest Distinction) degree or equivalent.
HOW TO APPLY
The application for Academic Year 2019-2020 (August 2019 and January 2020) will open from 01 October 2018.
For applicants to NIE, please be informed that applications will be opened from 01 October 2018. You may apply directly via NIE’s website at https://isaac.nie.edu.sg/Account/ApplicantLogOn
If you have enquiries about the Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarship, please email to Admissions Research (Admission_Research@ntu.edu.sg).
Application for Nanyang President Graduate Scholarship closes 30 November 2018.